A definitive liberal breakfast: squidgy crumpets, firm bacon and pungent Parmesan. You’ll make these over and over.
- 200 g smoked bacon lardons (or thick-cut bacon, chopped)
- 6 eggs
- 70 g Parmesan, grated (plus extra to serve)
- 8 crumpets
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
Step to make
Add the bacon lardons to a griddle (or cast iron skillet) and cook them over medium intensity until brilliant and fresh.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a bowl to join. Add ground Parmesan and season liberally with dark pepper. It ought to be exceptionally peppery so go wild with the crushing. Whisk everything together and put away.
- When the bacon is firm, eliminate it from the intensity. Keep the dish with the bacon fat.
- Empty the bacon bits into the egg combination and blend.
- Dunk every crumpet into the egg combination for no less than 30 seconds so it can assimilate the eggy blend.
- Place your crumpets, opening side down, in the bacon fat skillet, pouring over any abundance bacony bits.
- Give it a decent press with a spatula.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes on each side over a medium intensity until brilliant, and afterward eliminate from the intensity. Present with an additional grinding of Parmesan and appreciate.
- Cuisine: British
- Recipe Type: Crumpets
- Difficulty: Easy
- Preparation Time: 5 mins
- Cooking Time: 20 mins
- Serves: 4